In this article, you would get to know the practical issues may arise during your project as well as the solution for them.
The project is for XIAMEN shipping center in Xiamen area of China (Fujian) Pilot Free Trade Zone, covering the range of a total of five office buildings. Aiming to update the analog system to IP system, there are over 500 pcs of IP cameras in public area, as well as over 30 pcs IP cameras for elevators. The party A requests for the wireless bridge to solve the data transmission of IP cameras in those elevators.
Here are some troubles when we set up the UTEPO wireless bridge in this project, and how UTEPO team solved them.
A. When replayed the video on the monitoring platform, we found that the picture of two elevators was always lost for 3-10 minutes.
- First, we started to check the nodes of each line through making a 3-hour PING test on bridges (under AP mode), bridges (under client mode), floor displays & IP cameras. We found that there were packet losses only in bridges (client), floor displays & IP cameras, thus we had a preliminary judgment of the line from bridge (AP) to the back end operated well.
- Next, we checked information in the WEB of bridge (client) and found the operation time of bridge (client) was only two hours, which indicated the bridge had been rebooted.
- Then we respectively connected IP Camera or floor display to the PC and did the PING test. The result showed that there were packet losses in both of them. During the checking period, we found the AD LCD-display was suddenly restarted. Therefore, we could made the conclusion that there was something wrong with the power supplying of elevator.
- Finally, when checking the wiring, the elevator maintenance personnel found it is unstable of 220V power supply. After solved it, the UTEPO wireless bridge operated well.
B. When replayed the video on the monitoring platform, we found that the pictures of the five elevators in same building were lost for 10-30s almost at the same time.
- First we checked the nodes of each line and did the PING test respectively for the IP cameras, floor displays and bridges. The result showed that there wasn’t packet losses.
- When checked the node in low voltage silo, we found the crystal heads of the cable between access switches and aggregation switches are not fixed firmly, and easy to be pull out. Therefore the picture losses are caused by bad contact.
- After re-plug the cable, the monitoring system of the five elevators operated well.
C. When replayed the video on the monitoring platform, we found that the pictures of two elevators were not fluent.
- Due to lack of elevator equipment room, we found that there are some signal sources randomly deployed in the wall of elevator shaft, including China Unicom, China Telecom and China Mobile.
- The broken pictures are caused by the interference from signal sources. We found these signal sources mostly occupied channels 1, 6 and 11. Therefore, we re-planned the channels set before to avoid the selection of channels 1, 6 and 11, such as setting channels 2, 7, and 12 for the 3 elevators next to each other. Meanwhile, we re-set the bandwidth from 40M to 20M to reduce interference.
- After above adjustments, the problem was fixed.
D. When entered the IP address of bridge, it linked to login page of IP Camera.
- We found that the settings for IP address of cameras or bridges were both automatically acquire IP, without any configuration or port isolation in the whole monitoring network. The configuration of automatically acquire IP would lead to IP address conflict.
- To solve the conflict, we re-set the configuration to static IP for IP cameras and bridges, and set the port isolation in switches.
- It is recommended to set the equipment as static IP in large scale of networks, and make the IP planning before installation to facilitate maintenance and management.
E. There are picture losses of 1 to 10 seconds of some bridges.
- The installation of place and the angle are really important to the operation of bridges, which the project manager need to point out before the construction of elevators. We relocated the bridges (under AP mode) & bridges (under client mode), which were hung on the wall casually before, and made them as far as possible be aligned. After that, the bridges operated well.
- The final performance of wireless bridge is affected by multiple factors such as power supply, equipment installation and system setting. In fact, the choice of a stable performance, simple operation, good quality products is also very critical, which can greatly reduce the use of the process of failure and maintenance.
UTEPO CP2-300 in this project is featuring with one-key pairing function (one M, one S, same channel) and visual operation, IP65, which is suitable for elevator. In addition, the product can be managed through the WEB interface to facilitate maintenance and effectively save labor costs.